- Emailed some info on our vacant positions in the District committee to a local scouter who found me via the blog and Twitter. Here’s hoping something comes out of it.
- Emailed more folks with requests to man program “booths” at our Program Kickoff Roundtable. Received some confirmations back.
- Received confirmation that our summer Resident Camp registration was accepted!!
- Attended the Cincinnati Reds game. Our DE was given tickets to a suite normally used by a company who provided an honoree for our FOS Luncheon fundraiser. Our professional staff decided to offer them to some of the district volunteers as a thanks. I was one. I got to spend the afternoon in the company of some good scouters in a non-scouting setting. Despite the Reds losing, it was a fun afternoon.
- Attended our District Committee meeting; there was some good discussion around recruiting more volunteers on to the committee and other chair positions for district activities. The more I am around the committee “regulars”, the more comfortable I feel about where we can be headed.